- To enter the random draw you must complete an online form via the Countryfile website before midnight on Saturday 14th September 2019. Applications received after this time will not be entered into the random draw.
- Employees of BBC Children in Need and/or the BBC, including BBC Studios, are not permitted to enter this random draw.
- Applications must be submitted by adults at least 18 years of age. Not all rambles are suitable for all ages of children, age restrictions as follows:
Minimum age for Worcester Riverside, Worcestershire – no minimum age
Minimum age for Scone Palace, Perthshire, Scotland - no minimum age
North Cornwall – 6 years and over
Queen of the Glens, Northern Ireland – 6 years and over
Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult over 18.
Proof of age may be requested upon entry. Tickets should be retained at all times during the event.
- Approximately 2650 tickets are available. The tickets are to be allocated approximately as follows but we reserve the right to change these volumes in our reasonable discretion:
Worcester Riverside, Worcestershire – 2,000
Scone Palace, Perthshire, Scotland – 300
North Cornwall - 200
Queen of the Glens, Northern Ireland - 150
- Ticket allocation will be weighted as follows:
Worcester Riverside, Worcestershire – 70% local (ST, TF, WV, WS,DY, B, CV, NN, WR, HR postcodes, 30% rest of UK)
Scone Palace, Perthshire, Scotland – 80% Scotland, 20% rest of UK
North Cornwall – 80% local, 20% rest of UK
Queen of the Glens, Northern Ireland - 100% Northern Ireland (BT postcode)
If any section is undersubscribed we reserve the right to allocate tickets to other areas.
- Only one ramble may be entered per household. Should you enter and be successful in more than one random draw you will only receive tickets to one ramble, which will be the one closest to your postcode.
- Successful applicants will be notified from Sunday 15th September 2019 from all eligible entries and notified by email by no later than Sunday 22nd September 2019. A direct response from each winner to confirm acceptance of the tickets is required within 48 hours in order to claim their tickets otherwise we may reallocate the tickets to someone else.
- Tickets may not be sold, traded, or offered for sale; and may not be used as a prize or for any other promotional or trade purpose by any organisation except us or the BBC. Sale or attempted sale is grounds for seizure or cancellation and those trying to use resold or cancelled tickets will be refused entry into the event.
- By applying to be a part of Countryfile Ramble for BBC Children in Need and should you be successful in the draw and take part you confirm that:
a) you are at least 18 years old;
b) you are aware of, understand and consent to the
c) likely physical demands of the event;
d) you appreciate the risks involved in the event and that you do not suffer (or have ever suffered) from any pre-existing medical condition that may prevent you from actively participating in the event;
e) you will complete and on the day bring with you the fitness to participate form that will be included with your information pack should you be successful in the random draw and that the information you provide will be true and accurate;
f) you have not been cautioned or convicted of any offence relating to children or young people, and are not subject to any disciplinary action or sanction* in relating to children or young people (*this means if your name is on the Sex Offenders Register or you are otherwise known to the Police or any Local Authority Social Services Department, or any employer, as being an actual or potential risk to children);
g) you will ensure that anyone taking part in the event with you is aware of these conditions and will complete the Fitness to Participate form referred to above;
h) you understand that we cannot accept applications where the above conditions are not met; and
I) if you are applying for any children’s places you hold parental responsibility for them and consent to the processing of their personal data as set out in the Privacy section below.
- We will collect and process your personal information and that of other participants. This personal information will include title, first name, surname, address & postcode, email address, mobile phone number, whether adult or child. We will also collect and process certain special categories of more sensitive personal information that you may provide which is whether wheelchair spaces are needed, how many and any access requirements. All this information will be processed for the purpose of running the random draw and, should you be successful in the draw, to contact you with key messages about the event and running the event itself including filming and broadcasting the event.
- If you are successful in the random draw you will be asked to complete, and on the day bring with you, the fitness to participate form that will be included with your information pack. Please read the privacy notice on this form as it is in addition to that set out here.
- When you provide information to us, BBC Children in Need is the data controller of your personal information and we are registered with the Information Commissioner's Office with registration number Z1523450. BBC Children in Need is a company limited by guarantee (number 04723022) and a charity registered in England and Wales under number 802052 and in Scotland under number SC039557.
- The legal basis on which we process your personal data and the personal data of other participants is our legitimate interests of running the ramble as part of our fundraising activity. In respect of your special categories of personal data mentioned above, our legal bases are our legitimate interests of running the ramble as part of our fundraising activity and your consent. This special category of personal data mentioned above will be processed in accordance with BBC Children in Need’s Special Category and Criminal Convictions Data Policy, which is available on request.
- We will retain your information in accordance with our retention policy, an extract of which is available on request.
- We share your information with our authorised suppliers for the purpose of organising, recording or managing the event. This includes Upward Communications Limited who run the random draw for us and manage the communications with you about your place, including online check-in (if applicable)and with Behind the Scenes Events Limited who run the event for us. Should you be successful in the random draw we may also share your personal data with the BBC and/or BBC Studios Productions Limited in order for them to collect the correct permissions and consents to carry out photography and filming at the event. If you are not happy with us using your information in this way, please do not submit an application, fitness to participate form or take part in the event.
- If you have any worries or complaints about the way we use your information, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us. We’ll do our very best to set your mind at rest or put things right. And if, for whatever reason, you feel we’re not meeting the exceptionally high standards we expect of ourselves, you’re within your rights to tell the UK Information Commissioner’ s Office (ICO). Our contact details are here.
- Successful applicants must be able to get to the starting point as follows:
Worcester Riverside, Worcestershire – 9.00am Sunday 6th October 2019
Scone Palace, Perthshire, Scotland - 9.30am Saturday 5th October 2019
North Cornwall - 9.30am Saturday 5th October 2019
Queen of the Glens, Northern Ireland - 9.30am Saturday 5th October 2019
- Neither we, the BBC, BBC Studios Limited nor Countryfile will pay for any travel costs to and from the event. Participants are responsible for all such costs.
- We or the BBC and BBC Studios Limited reserve the right to cancel this event at any stage, if deemed necessary in our opinion, or if due to circumstances arise outside of our control. We also reserve the right to alter or change the itinerary or presenter without prior notification (but we will notify participants if the date or start location of the event changes).
- Neither we nor the BBC or BBC Studios Limited shall be liable for any loss, damage, cost or expense (including any damage to personal property), except in the case of death or personal injury and only if due to any negligent act or omission on our or their part (as applicable). Under no circumstances will we or the BBC or BBC Studios Limited be liable for unforeseen or indirect loss of any form. Nothing in this clause excludes or limits our liability where we are not permitted to do so by law.
- Should the event be cancelled, postponed or the itinerary or presenter changed, neither we nor the BBC or BBC Studios Limited shall be liable for the payment of any compensation or for any loss of money and/or expenses incurred by participants in travelling to the event.
- To the extent permitted by law, by entering the random draw and should you be successful in the draw , you are confirming that you (and those who take part in the event with you) are able to walk the full route for each ramble and take complete responsibility for your and their participation. Ramble distances are as follows:
Worcester Riverside, Worcestershire: 2.7m
Scone Palace, Perthshire, Scotland – 2m
North Cornwall – 4m
Queen of the Glens Northern Ireland – 2.7m
- It is each participant’s responsibility to ensure that they are medically fit enough to undertake the event. If we reasonably consider that any participant is medically unfit to participate in the event or for any reason reasonably consider that they are not suitable for the event, we shall be entitled to reject their application to the event and refuse them access to the event.
- Participants should be aware that not all rambles are suitable for standard wheelchairs or pushchairs:
Worcester Riverside, Worcestershire - suitable for wheelchairs and pushchairs
Scone Palace, Perthshire, Scotland – suitable for wheelchairs and pushchairs
North Cornwall – not suitable for wheelchairs and pushchairs
Queen of the Glens, Northern Ireland – not suitable for wheelchairs and pushchairs
- No alcohol or recreational drugs may be brought to the event.
- Guide dogs for the visually impaired and/or hearing dogs for the aurally impaired and/or assistance dogs are permitted for disabled attendees on the rambles. No other animals are permitted on the rambles.
- Unauthorised professional photography or use of professional recording equipment is prohibited and zoom lenses, audio visual or cinematographic devices will not be permitted on site.
- Other than as may be required by the event organisers for the purposes of staging the event, the following articles are not permitted at the event – large flags, advertising or marketing messages, chairs, knives, fireworks, smoke canisters, air-horns, flares, weapons, dangerous or hazardous items, laser devices, glass vessels, poles (other than walking poles), and any item that may be used as a weapon and/or compromise public safety. This list represents a non-exhaustive list of the types of articles which are not permitted and we and the event organisers retain a discretionary right throughout.
- We and our event organisers reserve the right to search all persons and personal property via the use of bag searches and refuse admission to, or eject from, the event, any person who refuses to be searched by a steward or other person acting on their behalf.
- We and our event organisers reserve the right to refuse anyone access to the event at our or their reasonable discretion and any person who fails to comply with instructions from a steward or other person acting on behalf of us or the event organisers may be asked to leave the group. In addition anyone found to be causing damage to the area, any event infrastructure, causing harm to any other person on site, behaving in an illegal, anti-social or aggressive manner, appearing to be under the influence of drugs or in breach of these conditions will be asked to leave the group and may be reported to the police.
- If any person is refused access to the event or is asked to leave by us or our event organisers that person shall be solely responsible for any liabilities, costs and expenses arising.
- By applying to take part you understand that if you are bringing children they are your responsibility. We welcome families to those rambles with adequate adult supervision.
- The event will be broadcast on BBC One’s Countryfile. By taking part participants also understand that they may be filmed by our event organisers, Behind the Scenes Events Limited, for promotional or internal training purposes and by the programme, the police or security staff for the purposes of helping ensure the security of participants and preventing crime.
- All participants must attend any safety briefings held by us or our event organisers on the day of the ramble. If you do not do so, we or our event organisers reserve the right to prevent you from taking part in the ramble.
- You must comply with any reasonable instructions that we or our event organisers provide to you from time to time. Any failure to do so is at your own risk. We are not responsible for any losses you incur as a result (except where caused by our negligence).
- By registering for the random draw or taking part in the event, you confirm that you accept and agree to comply with these conditions.
- This random draw and the event is operated by/on behalf of BBC Children in Need a company limited by guarantee (number 04723022) and a charity registered in England and Wales under number 802052 and in Scotland under number SC039557, whose registered office is at Bridge House, Media City UK, Salford, M50 2BH ("we”, “us” or “our”).
BBC Children in Need, company limited by guarantee (no. 04723022) and charity registered in England and Wales (no. 802052) and Scotland (no. SC0395557) with registered office at Bridge House, Media City UK, Salford, M50 2BH.